1. When does the Commission notify the posts?
The Commission notifies the posts after vacancies for the post is reported to the commission by the respective Appointing Authority/ Unit Officer after obtaining finance clearance and other necessary permissions from the Government.
2. How can a person know about the vacancy?
Once the Commission receives the indent/requisition from the unit officers with due permission from Government, Commission will publish the Notification on the Commission’s website and a brief notification in the daily newspapers.
3. What are the precautions a person for applying to a post?
Candidates are advised to go through all the details given in the Notification before applying for a post.
4. What is the minimum basic qualification for the posts notified by TSPSC?
The qualification and other eligibility criteria will be mentioned in the Notification.
5. Can a Candidate studied in other State also apply for the Notifications issued by TSPSC?
The Candidates belonging to other state are also eligible to apply, but they will be considered as OC under Open Competition.
6. Is community reservation applicable for other state candidates?
There is no Reservation for other State candidates they can apply under OC category.
7. Whether any Documents are needed to be attached with the online application?
No need to attach any documents online. However, at the time of verification it will be necessary to produce all the documents before the Commission.
8. What is the difference between general and limited Recruitment?
Candidates belonging to all communities can apply for the vacancies and reservations as prescribed by the Government shall be applicable for candidates belonging to OC,BC, SC,ST, PH & Women.
These are special recruitments for filling up of unfilled vacancies from previous recruitments belonging to reserved categories of SC and ST only.
9. What is Creamy Layer?
Creamy Layer means those section/persons of Backward Community who are considered socially and educationally advanced. The Government of India has fixed an Annual Income of Rs.6.00 lakhs per year as the criteria for exclusion of the socially advanced persons from the benefits of reservations in civil posts and services under the Government of India.
( G.O.Ms.No:8, Backward Classes Welfare (c) Dept, dated: 13/11/2014)
10. Who are authorized to issue creamy layer Certificates?
Mandal Revenue Officer/ Tahsildhar is competent authority to issue creamy layer Certificates in the prescribed proforma.
11. I am staying in Karnataka, can I pay the application fee from here?
Yes, you can pay the fee online from anywhere in India.
12. I have studied in Telangana , but now I am working in USA, am I eligible to apply for the Notification issued for Group-I Services?
Yes, you are eligible to apply.
13. Where can I find notifications, press releases, timetables etc issued by TSPSC?
All the Press releases and Notifications issued by TSPSC will be available on the TSPSC website.
14. Which is the date based on which the age of an applicant is calculated?
The day of reckoning age of an applicant to be eligible for applying for a particular post is the 1st day of July of the year in which the Commission published the Notification for that particular post. If the applicant is found underaged/overaged as on the date aforesaid he will be ineligible for he selection.
15. What are the conditions to be satisfied by a person for applying to a post notified?
A person applying for a particular post shall satisfy all the eligibility criteria given under the Notification concerned and other General Conditions.
16. What is the percentage of Reservation given to SC, ST & BC in a recruitment notified by TSPSC ?
BC(A)- 07% ; BC(B)-10% ; BC(C)- 01% ; BC(D)-07% ;BC(E)-04%,
ST- 06%; SC-15%.
17. What is the community wise qualifying marks in a recruitment ?
OC: 40%, BC: 35%, SC&ST: 30% qualifying percentage of marks minimum. However, the number of candidates called for Interview will be decided basing on the ratio of the number of persons called for Interview ratio to the number of posts from time-to-time as fixed by the Commission, in other words attaining minimum qualifying marks does not assure call for Interview.
(As per G.O.Ms.No: 103 GAD (Ser.A) dt. 03/02/1967)
18. What is the maximum age for applying for posts notified by TSPSC?
The candidates in age group 18 to 44 Years are eligible to apply for various posts notified by TSPSC.
(Amended in G.O.Ms.No: 329, G.A (Ser.A) Dept., dated: 27/07/2015)
19. What are the age relaxation prescribed for various reserved categories?
20. Whether any reservation applicable to women candidates in notifications to be issued by TSPSC ?
The reservation for women candidates to the extent of 33 1/3 % for direct recruitment was made effective from 28/05/1996.
(G.O.Ms.No: 237 GA (Ser-D) Dept., dated: 28/05/1996).